|ttUser8Bit * eui64IdPtr|
This function only supports IPv6. This function is called to retrieve the value of the 64-bit interface ID previously set on the specified IPv6 interface. Note that the interface ID is set automatically by the Ethernet link-layer when the interface is opened for use with IPv6, otherwise the interface ID must first be manually set by the user calling tf6Eui64SetInterfaceId(). The interface ID returned by this function is already formatted as tf6Eui64SetInterfaceId() expects.
- Interface handle of an interface for which we want to get the interface ID.
- Pointer to the 8-byte interface ID in EUI-64 format (i.e. 64-bit IEEE global identifier). The memory that this points to must be allocated by the caller, i.e. a local variable in the caller's address space.
- Success. eui64IdPtr now points to the interface ID.
- Invalid parameter value. Either interfaceHandle does not point to a valid interface, or eui64IdPtr is a NULL pointer.
- There is no interface ID set on the specified interface. If the interface uses the Ethernet link-layer, then open the interface for use with IPv6, otherwise call tf6Eui64SetInterfaceId() to set an interface ID on the interface.