|Note:||The content on this page has been deprecated.|
|For the new content, please see tfNgGetArpEntryByIpAddr().|
|char * physAddrPtr|
|Conditional parameter. See details in Parameters below.|
This function is used retrieve an entry from the ARP cache by looking up the entry by the IP address. This function will allow the user to manipulate the ARP cache beyond standard means. Normally the TCP/IP stack maintains the ARP cache.
- Interface ID as returned by tfAddInterface(). NOTE: This parameter is conditional and only present when TM_USE_STRONG_ESL is defined at compile time. For more information, please see Appendix C: Strong End System Model / Weak End System Model.
- The IP address to use to lookup the entry.
- The pointer to the buffer where the physical address will be stored.
- The length of the physical address buffer.
- Invalid parameter.
- No ARP entry found with this IP address.