|const struct sockaddr_storage * arpIpAddrPtr,|
|ttUser8Bit * physAddrPtr,|
|int * physAddrLenPtr|
|Conditional parameter. See details in Parameters below.|
This function is used retrieve an entry from the ARP cache by looking up the entry by the IP address. This function will allow the user to manipulate the ARP cache beyond standard means. Normally the TCP/IP stack maintains the ARP cache. This API replaces tfGetArpEntryByIpAddr().
- Interface ID as returned by tfAddInterface(). NOTE: This parameter is conditional and only present when TM_USE_STRONG_ESL is defined at compile time. For more information, please see Appendix C: Strong End System Model / Weak End System Model.
- A pointer to the IP address to be used for the look up.
- A pointer to the buffer to store the physical address.
- The length in bytes of the buffer pointed to by physAddrPtr.
- Output parameter, set to the length of the physical address returned in the buffer pointed to by physAddrPtr.
- Invalid parameter. Either arpIpAddrPtr, physAddrPtr or physAddrLenPtr was a null pointer or physAddrBufLen is too short.
- No ARP entry found with this IP address.