|ttUserLinkLayer tfUseE8023||(int llMode);|
This function is used to initialize the IEEE 802.3 Ethernet link layer. The link layer must be initialized to operate in one of three possible modes:
- Priority (using TM_E8023_MODE_PRIORITY),
- Secondary (using TM_E8023_MODE_SECONDARY),
- or Only (using TM_E8023_MODE_ONLY).
In Priority mode, ARP requests will be initially sent using the IEEE 802.3 standard. If no response is received, an ARP request will be sent using Ethernet Type 2. Conversely in Secondary mode, Ethernet Type 2 will be attempted before resorting to the IEEE 802.3 standard. Finally in Only mode, the stack will only communicate using the IEEE 802.3 standard.
The IEEE 802.3 Ethernet link layer will automatically adjust to the standard of the reply message. In other words, if an Ethernet Type 2 reply is received in response to an IEEE 802.3 request, the stack will continue to operate using Ethernet Type 2 and vice versa.
- A constant defining the mode in which the IEEE 802.3 Ethernet link layer will operate.
- The IEEE 802.3 link layer handle.